Many thanks to Amanda Cross for inviting me to join her on her Ambitious Freelancer podcast. During our conversation, Human Resources Writing & Turning A Career Into A Freelance Niche, we covered a lot of great topics.
In addition to being a blogger/podcaster, Amanda is a freelance HR technology content marketing writer. So we had a lot to talk about! I always enjoy “geeking out” about HR writing with a fellow writer colleague!
We chatted about Human Resources writing and turning your career into a freelance niche.
Some areas we covered:
- Speaking to an audience with a varied skill set
- Attending virtual and in-person HR conferences, as well as how to support clients during a conference
- Ways you can break into the HR writing niche
- Building a freelance career based on your work experiences and finding related writing opportunities
- How finding your niche will help you focus
Listen to the full episode here: https://www.theambitiousfreelancer.com/podcast/73.
Amanda also has a website and Facebook group supporting freelancers and their growth. As she says, “The Ambitious Freelancer is about making more room at the table because we all deserve success.” I couldn’t agree more.
By the way…whenever you’re ready, here are two ways I can help you launch and grow your HR writing practice.
1) Join our FREE community of HR writers to get support, ideas, and strategies to boost the content you create. Click Here to Join.
2) Buy a copy of the Complete Guide to Becoming a Professional HR Writer, my comprehensive guide on how to launch your HR writing career. Click Here to Learn More.