Many thanks to Amanda Cross for inviting me to join her on her Ambitious Freelancer podcast. During our conversation, Human Resources Writing & Turning A Career Into A Freelance Niche, we covered a lot of great topics.
In addition to being a blogger/podcaster, Amanda is a freelance HR technology content marketing writer. So we had a lot to talk about! I always enjoy “geeking out” about HR writing with a fellow writer colleague!
We chatted about Human Resources writing and turning your career into a freelance niche.
Some areas we covered:
- Speaking to an audience with a varied skill set
- Attending virtual and in-person HR conferences, as well as how to support clients during a conference
- Ways you can break into the HR writing niche
- Building a freelance career based on your work experiences and finding related writing opportunities
- How finding your niche will help you focus
Listen to the full episode here: https://www.theambitiousfreelancer.com/podcast/73.
Amanda also has a website and Facebook group supporting freelancers and their growth. As she says, “The Ambitious Freelancer is about making more room at the table because we all deserve success.” I couldn’t agree more.
By the way…whenever you’re ready, get your copy of the Complete Guide to Becoming a Professional HR Writer, my comprehensive guide on how to launch and grow your HR writing career. Click Here to Learn More.