Photo by rob walsh on Unsplash
If there’s one common trait among “HR people,” it’s that they are all about making connections with and between people. They’re working in a function that is dedicated to the people side of the business, after all.
When I started writing about HR, I quickly realized that HR professionals are not only eager to have an impact onin their organization’s people. They are dedicated to building an external HR network and connecting via social media, online publications, and at conferences.
Understand what’s relevant to HR professionals
Whether you’re selling to HR or writing content directed at them, I suggest following a few thought leaders to hear what’s on their minds. Their take on the world of HR will give you an inside look at what’s relevant and important to your HR audience.
- Ben Eubanks is an HR industry analyst and influencer. He is the Principal Analyst at Lighthouse Research & Advisory where he oversees the development of research, assets and insights to support HR, learning and talent executives
- Josh Bersin is a world-known industry analyst, educator, and thought leader in all aspects of HR, leadership, and HR technology.
- Katrina Kibben is a leader in recruiting. Based on her experience as a recruiter, she created a firm of talented, passionate, creative copywriters who know recruiting. She also writes about the topic of talent regularly and provides organizations with input about how to modernize their hiring approach.
- Sharlyn Lauby is an HR pro turned consultant. SheI created HR Bartender so people would have a friendly place to discuss workplace issues. She goes by the tagline, “HR Bartender.” So yes, she brings a fun voice to the world of HR.
- Steve Browne is an HR VP based in Ohio. He’s written a great book about HR and sits on the board of directors for members at large for the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Wendy Dailey is a Talent Acquisition Professional in South Dakota. She has 20+ years of experience in human resources, across a variety of industries. Wendy is active in SHRM groups and #DisruptHR. She is co-host of the #HRSocialHour twitter chat and podcast.
In truth, this list could be sixty people instead of six, but hopefully it gives you a start.
As you find other leaders in the HR space, keep the HR connection and network going – add the names of others you find in the comments below!